Following on from last month, we've caught up with another member of the Solidor team. This month it’s the turn of Pierre Mifsud, Operations Director here at Solidor.
Without further ado, here’s what Pierre had to say:
1) Name and job role
Pierre Mifsud, operations director.
2) How many years have you worked at Solidor?
3) Which is your favourite Solidor range, and why?
A Brescia offset French door from our classic Italia range, the design of the door with the new French door locking system which has no visible handle on the slave door, a key windup locking on the master door and our solid stainless steel 1800 handles. It also comes complete with bespoke sandblasted glass and looks stunning in any colour but in my opinion, the Irish Oak door leaf with matching Irish oak frame is the best finish.
4) What is your proudest moment/achievement at Solidor?
Moving into our new premises in April 2012, although it was incredibly difficult to do as we had to achieve the move interrupting production. It was definitely a defining moment.
5) What does an average day for you consist of at Solidor HQ?
Every day us different at Solidor which is why I enjoy my job. My day consists of various meetings with production, stores, transport and mostly dealing with technical issues within the business.
6) Hobbies and Interests?
Skiing, gardening, watching boxing, football and motor sport. Also, spending time with the family.
7) Which football team (or other sports team) do you support?
Manchester United, even though we’ve had a bad season but I suppose you can’t win all the time!
8) What would be your dream car?
9) If you could have any celebrity or public figure purchase a Solidor composite door for their home, who would it be and why?
Paul Smith, because like his brand, Solidor doors are always leading the way in door designs.