• The handles, letter plate, knocker, hinges, and all other door hardware should be given a thorough cleaning with a soft cloth and warm soapy water, washing up liquid or hand soap.
• Never be tempted to use a strong cleaning agent as it may damage the finish of the hardware.
• To remove residue on stainless steel door furniture use a wadding cloth.
• Begin by opening the door and placing a dust sheet underneath the door, before lubricating all moving parts.
• Apply 3 in 1 oil or silicon spray to the lever handle and the multipoint locking mechanism and hinges. You can also add a small amount of grease to the hooks and deadbolt to increase the smoothness of
• Lift the handles up and down 6 times to ensure that the lubricant works its way through all parts of the mechanism. Alternatively, wind the key several times if you do not have a door with lever handles.
• Those who are extra attentive may want to do this twice a year.